Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First Short Hike of 2015

I started last year using an app on my phone called MapMyWalk - it maps your hikes, walks, runs, mowing the yard, etc. It started for me with just walks and worked up to hikes - I live in Colorado so there are lots of places to hike.

In 2014, I reached my goal of 10 miles a week and then up'd the goal to 15 miles per week. I believe I made that goal twice. Over Christmas break I was bad and did not walk - but like 1-2 miles for 2 weeks. Then the 5th of January I really started busting chops again and made 9 miles in the week.

This week I am already at 6.5 miles in 2 days (Sun and Mon) in a total of 2 hours, 3 work outs and 1035 calories burned. I am at the 6.5 miles mostly because of my 4.65 mile hike on Sunday January 11. 

I hiked (full pack and snowboots) from my cabin to the YMCA of the Rockies along the horse trails and back through a portion of Rocky Mountain National Park. 

I thought I would share some of the pictures with you! I don't know if I will make 15 miles this week with the cold and potential weather conditions but I am going to try! I hope all of you make your fitness goals this year!







No comments:

Post a Comment