Saturday, October 1, 2016

Magnificent 7 - Just a few thoughts



I rarely go see a movie in the theater. Most of the time I can't be inspired or talked into going, but for this one I could be and was not disappointed. I have never written a movie review but I felt the need to for this blog - so bare with me.

The casting was excellent (and not just because I am a Denzel Washington and Martin Sensmeier fan) - these guys worked very well on screen together. It was a lot of talent all in one place.

There was some great lines - these two were my favorite but there were a ton more;

"I seek righteousness but I will take revenge."

"I believe that bear was wearing people's clothes."  (this scene had the audience in the theater roaring).

There was very little cussing - which was nice for once - while I can cuss like a sailor - it's nice not to hear a lot in a movie.

I am usually very critical of westerns or anything requiring people to ride horses because I can tell who can't ride well. It was a pleasure to see very little bouncing around in the saddle! Whether the actors knew how to ride already or had a grueling training for riding - 4 of the 7 at least looked like seasoned horseman and the other 3 were decent.

I was surprised by the ending - I decided I won't spoil it - but let's just say it's not what I expected.

Check out a cool video trailer HERE

My advice - if you haven't seen it - GO NOW - HURRY!




No comments:

Post a Comment