Friday, October 21, 2016

Tibetan Singing Bowls

As many know, my hours were cut this week at work to 2 days. While I have been applying for jobs around town and signing up for some volunteer work, I decided to attend a class held at the Estes Park Senior Center.

It was on Sound Healing with Tibetan Singing Bowls.

Here is a little information on the Singing Bowls - here.

We laid on Yoga Mats on the floor in a darkened room. Those that weren't comfortable getting on the mats could sit on chairs. The bowls make wonderful sounds and vibrations. The people giving the seminar told us how the bowls were used and began playing.

I have never been able to meditate and this whole experience was actually very interesting to me because I feel that this is the closest that I have ever gotten to meditating.

I have a herniated disc in my back and the vibrations of the bowls actually seemed to help. It was a really amazing experience and I am glad I went.

I would like to learn more about these and am attending another seminar next month.




No comments:

Post a Comment