Wednesday, February 1, 2017

NaMoPaiMo - National Model Painting Month

The month of February I am participating in the Facebook group NaMoPaiMo - National Model Painting Month.

See group here

I have painted models for a long time and had some sales but I have never felt my work was very good. I have had some work qualify for the North American Nationals (NAN) but nothing that has won the big awards.

This group has all levels of model artists from Beginner to Advanced and I actually felt the need to participate. I have been considering leaving the hobby for a while now because I have just not felt I could compete.

For some reason, the creation of this group inspired me to step back in and really try again, a lot harder. Seeing the posts from all of the others participating really inspired me and I am grateful for the groups creators.

I have done the NaNoWriMo for writing the last 2 years and failed miserably with writing. I am hoping my painting won't fail as badly.

This is my victim - Schleich Tennessee Walking Horse. It is not a model that will win anything big at any show but it is a model I like and will help me build my confidence back up.


I can't wait to see everyone's completed models - it's very exciting. 

My only problem is - I don't know WHAT color to paint mine! haahahha - and the art starts today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment