Saturday, July 18, 2020

Monthly Model Horse Painting Challenge - July 2020


Model Monthly Painting Challenge - Facebook Group


July Theme๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–️ 
Summertime! It's that ridiculously hot & humid(at least it is here in the southeast) time of year that we all love and hate! Create a model that reminds you of summertime. This will probably learn more towards being a decorator type, but it's not required. Is there a summer sport you enjoy? A seasonal fruit you love(or a fruity drink๐Ÿ˜œ?) Bright colors you always wear to the beach? Will you choose sunblock or tanning oil? A certain place you vacation at often? These are just a few ideas for you to brainstorm, but I'm sure you guys will all have unique pieces in the end!

My creation is a horse enjoying the beach! She's got her bikini and shades and her volleyball and she's ready to hit the sand and surf!! 

Add caption

Starting Life as an Ertl Rearing Horse






Sculpted with her bikini and shades with her volleyball!

Sadly, I had to start from scratch - I primered the above horse and left her outside and forgot about her. Let's just say rubber horse in heat - well her legs, etc will not work again and she made it to the trash. After I dumped the trash I thought I should have just kept her and made a funny about melting in the heat. Oh well. 

I picked my second victim to do my beach scene. When I pulled him out of the body box, a commercial on TV was playing Danger Zone and it totally reminded me of the Top Gun volleyball scene. So I decided to run with that

Here is my beach boy showing his stuff. 













No comments:

Post a Comment