Saturday, December 12, 2020

Favorite Artist Series - Model Tack Maker Kelly Dorman

 


Anartist I have not met in person, but followed for a long time, Kelly Dorman is an amazing tack maker.

Her TwinMaples Designs no longer takes commissions, but she has done an amazing amount of Model Horse tack and other items. 

She works in all scales, but I have seen more of her Stablemate scale (1:32 scale) work that I have her other items. 




Breyer classic Scamper - finishwork by Kelly




And I do have a few items by her that have placed very well - Stablemate scale against the Traditional scale models. 

Laura Behning Lovey Resin customized by Addison - tack by Kelly

Breyer SM customized by Addison - tack by Kelly

Laura Behning Resin customized by Addison - tack by Kelly - Photo by Jennifer Buxton

I hope that Kelly gets a chance to get back to working on model stuff because her attention to detail in such small scale is amazing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment