Thursday, December 10, 2020

Happy 100th Birthday Grandpa

 


Robert Bert Campbell was born December 10, 1920. 

Grandpa was a bad influence on me - my first word thanks to him was "Shit."  ๐Ÿ˜› Followed closely by horse and Poosa (we raised Appaloosa horses when I was a child). 

He was always an interesting character and a hard worker. I remember most that he would be up early doing chores, come in take his nap and then go to work for eight hours of an overnight shift, come home, sleep and repeat. 

He lived through the depression and always said as long as you had a roof over your head you were good. 

He passed far too soon in April 1996 so I never was able to really get to know him as an adult. 

I sometimes wonder if my memories of him are just overly childish happiness, but I don't recall him ever really being a grumpy old man. He threw water on me when I was being a snot and made me clean it up before my mom got home. He helped me through some hard times in my twenties before he passed and I miss his guidance.  

Happy 100th Birthday Gpa. I am sorry you didn't get to see it and all the changes that happened since you were born. ๐Ÿ’—

No comments:

Post a Comment