Thursday, December 29, 2022

Model Horse and Action Figure Monthly Art Challenge - December 2022


I decided to just do winter because there are so many holidays and I didn't really want to offend anyone. And winter in the Rockies is beautiful. though not always snowy in town.  I love the mountains with snow on them. It's beautiful to see, just not to drive in ๐Ÿ˜†.

Now to decide on the project. 



I started with the new Loping Stablemate Morgan and added some 3-D printed wings that I got online and don't recall from where or whom. 

The wings were horribly hard to put on compared to the now defunct Abbey Inc Studio resin wings. I had to glue/backing soda them, THEN wrap blue tape for over a week around the horse to get them to secure. 

After I took the blue tape off, I sculpted onto the wings and added a new mane and forelack and extra to the tail. 




Then he sat for a few days. Finally, I thought of what I love about winter in Colorado. I love the Alpenglow on the mountains - the glittery pinkish color. That's when I decided to use my color shifting paints and create something fun that fit the Alpenglow of winter in my mind.








No comments:

Post a Comment