Challenge 16: The Winter Months are approaching! Stay safe this winter while traveling and using our checklist for your vehicle!
1) Have your battery checked.
I had it done this summer with my mechanic and know that it will need to be replaced by spring 2019.
2) Check your tire tread! If tires are less than 3/32" tread they need to be replaced.
This was also done this summer when I had rotation and alignment and break check
3) Check your tire pressure.
I do this every week during the winter months. 35 psi is appropriate for my truck and I keep them at that.
4) Ensure your windshield wiper blades are in good condition.
These were just replaced when I got my new windshield this summer and are still in good working order.\
5) Refill your windshield wiper fluid with fluid recommended for below freezing temperatures.
I carry a bottle of windshield wiper fluid all year round in a kit in my truck.
6) Pack an emergency kit - suggestions include:
Bag of abrasive material.
Flashlight with extra batteries
window washer solvent
Gloves, hat and blankets
warning devices (flares or triangles)
mobile phone and car charger
Wellness Program – Challenge 5
Wellness Program – Challenge 17
Wellness Program – Challenge 19 and Other Wellness Activities