Thursday, November 15, 2018

2018 Wellness Program - Challenge 16 - Winter Months Checklist



Challenge 16: The Winter Months are approaching! Stay safe this winter while traveling and using our checklist for your vehicle!

1) Have your battery checked.

I had it done this summer with my mechanic and know that it will need to be replaced by spring 2019.

2) Check your tire tread! If tires are less than 3/32" tread they need to be replaced.

This was also done this summer when I had rotation and alignment and break check

3) Check your tire pressure.

I do this every week during the winter months. 35 psi is appropriate for my truck and I keep them at that.

4) Ensure your windshield wiper blades are in good condition.

These were just replaced when I got my new windshield this summer and are still in good working order.\

5) Refill your windshield wiper fluid with fluid recommended for below freezing temperatures.

I carry a bottle of windshield wiper fluid all year round in a kit in my truck.

6) Pack an emergency kit - suggestions include:
Bag of abrasive material.
Snow Shovel
Snow brush
Flashlight with extra batteries
window washer solvent
Ice scraper
Paper towels
Jumper cables
Gloves, hat and blankets
warning devices (flares or triangles)
drinking water
non-perishable snacks
extra clothes
first-aid kit
basic toolkit
mobile phone and car charger







No comments:

Post a Comment