July ended with the Alexander Mountain Fire starting up.
It can be followed on PulsePoint App, Watch Duty App, and on the Alexander Mountain Fire on Facebook.
![]() |
| Taken by the Estes Park Police Department |
August 1, Estes Park still wasn't getting smoke, but on August 2, the winds shifted and the smell of smoke and the haze made it's way to Estes Park. I have to admit, the smell of a campfire or smoke is a PTSD trigger and not something good anymore.
August 8, 2024 the amazing team working the Alexander Mountain Fire posted a final briefing - Acres: 9,668 Start Date: 07/29/24 Location: Larimer County, Colorado Personnel: 294 Containment: 91%
I am so grateful for all the personnel that worked this fire. Thank you for your service.
August 8 also would have been Gabby The Tabby's 24th Birthday. I miss that little orange pumpkin.
August 14-16 I made a trip to Kansas to work through some things with my mom's estate. It was a long hot trip on the 14th, hot while I was getting things taken care of on the 15th, and long hot drive while I was driving back on the 16th. 90+ degrees and humidity that's 80% or more is just to hot for me anymore. I don't know how Midwesterners stand it.
I did get a lot of things worked out so that was good. Still a lot to do and a lot of waiting as well.
On August 21, I actually finished some model horses! It's been a while, and I was pretty rusty, but they turned out nice.
On August 24, I resigned from the Estes Park Police Auxiliary. It's been a heck of a ride in seven years, but I am working on a different path while also still dealing with mom's passing and my own health stuff. 😢
And August 31, was the 19th Annual John Denver Tribute by Cowboy Brad and the TropiCowboy band.











No comments:
Post a Comment