Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Aspen Majestic Lady

She came into my life in 1997 after moving from Colorado to Missouri. She lived at my mom's place in Kansas as I lived in the city in Missouri with no place to keep a horse.

We got her at a sale barn. I rode her before she went through the sale and loved her. When a black Tennessee Walking Horse went through the sale at 7 PM it sold for $5000. Everyone thought it was her and most of the people that bid on her had left by the time she actually went through at like midnight-1 AM. We got her for $1000.

Her registration papers hadn't been signed in years and were a mess - a mess that would have cost me close to her $1000 cost to get fixed with the TWHBEA. At the time it wasn't important to me, now I really wish I had done it so that I could prove her pedigree.


Aspen - her name on her papers when I finally got the mess from her previous owner said Aspen Majestic Lady. She was born June 16, 1985 - today would have been her 30th birthday. 


Me on Aspen, My mom on Miss Robin Skip (QH mare)


I found a wonderful model to use for Aspen - it's the Mirriam Resin sculpted by White Pine Equine. 


I miss this mare so much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment