Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Relearning to Sculpt

I have been painting models halfheartedly for several years. It's only in the last 5 years that I really began to try to be serious about learning new skills and not just going at it the same old way.

One of those skills is sculpting. I have been following the advice of Rayvin Brewer, Sara Gifford, Kristy Thiessen, Shauna McDaniel and Morgan Haberman when it comes to sculpting and recently tried my hand at it again.

I took 2 Breyer Stablemate (1:32 scale) G1 American Saddlebreds and began working.

First I sanded off their old manes and tails.


Then I added wire and using blue painter's tape made my tail "base."

Then I used my Magic Sculpt and began sculpting. 






I have now finished both models and painted them. They are not perfect but they are definitely better than things I have sculpted before. And I just need to keep working on them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment