Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Bridle Tree Barn Raising Challenge - NaMoPaiMo February 2021


 


So I took a chance and tried to build a barn backdrop - this was a total learning experience, because I tend to be more of a painter than a builder. 

I took a Breyer Box and used the back piece of it, put a heavy brace piece of card board down and then cut popsicle sticks. 



It took a few days to get to the hardware store due to the cold and working, but I managed to get a nice colonial maple stain to stain the wood. 



I then found some corrugated paper and used that as the "wall" while I finished staining the wood pieces. 



Then I glues it all, covered it in ModPodge sealer and got some Kinetic sand for the footing. 


I am sure Dorian Verdant (my NaMoPaiMo horse) likes having a barn, but he has a backdrop one now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment