Saturday, June 12, 2021

Medallion Madness Month - June 2021

 

It's been a hard few months trying to decide WHAT to do for the medallion challenge this month. I have so many medallions - which I do NOT collect (๐Ÿ˜‚).

I decided to break down and do my Tucker Medallion that I won from Kylee Parks. There is a special story behind him - Kylee was holding a contest in November 2020 for a Tucker. You had to post what you were thankful for in 2020. 



I posted that I was thankful to all the model horse people that supported me with help during the 2020 evacuation of my home in Estes Park, Colorado. My town was evacuated because of the East Troublesome AND Cameron Peak Fires. I received so much support from the model horse hobby that it was INCREDIBLE and I am still so grateful to this day. 

So, I decided that the Bear Tucker was lying on had to be SMOKEY THE BEAR because Forest Fires and such. 


I found a hat on line. I was so excited I didn't have to sculpt it - because - well I suck at sculpting and I wanted this to be great!!



I cut the hat in half and sanded off the Bear's ears then tacked the hat down and now to resculpting the ears and attaching the hat better stage.  Then I started to paint. I knew I wanted an Appaloosa foal as I love Appaloosas - we raised them when I was a child - and my dream horse was a bay blanket Appaloosa. 



I found this baby and decided to try my best at not butchering it too much. I can paint excellent bays but the Appaloosa markings are still my trial. 



I used acrylics, pastels and pearl-ex. I knew I had a limited amount of time to work on him this month and I spent hours each day or 1/2 day off I had - because I have been working so much overtime, plus I was applying for a scholarship and competing in a competition for Paint Estes Pink here in my town. 


 
I cried a couple of times because all my brain could think was that he wasn't live show quality. But then I worked on him today and why he may not be perfect for anyone else - Navajo Moon Prince and Smokey the Bear are perfect to me and for me. 






I am glad to completed the Medallion Madness Month challenge and to have been true to my idea and goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment