Monday, September 6, 2021

Longmire Days 9.5


Unlike 2020, the 2021 Longmire Days did have some live events, limited tickets, with masks required. None of the actors came, but Craig Johnson gave some talks and took it back to the roots of the first Longmire Days in 2011. This should have been the 10 year anniversary, but with Covid still in full swing, the Foundation was calling it LD 9.5!

My Truck's starting mileage


I had booked my hotel room when it was still under consideration that the whole thing would go on, and I decided to keep it, just shorten my stay, and go since I missed Buffalo and my friends there. 

There were many things that tried to change my mind on this from work related pressures to my old truck to having to travel alone to LD for the first time in 8 years. I did it though and I am so HAPPY that I did. 

I drove to Casper on Thursday. I don't come off my mountain very often and I hit shops and tourist traps that I wouldn't usually stop at when driving. 
Chugwater Wyoming

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn at Casper. It was nice and I had a King size bed and was just lazy! It was great.





Then on Friday, I drove from Casper to Buffalo. Buffalo has so many great murals! 








I went to Craig's Talk about his new book and his writing process. 




I stayed at the Mansion House Inn and had room 14 - 14 was a lucky number


I walked a LOT on Friday!!!!





This was much different than a "normal" Longmire Days, but I got to see a lot of people that chose to come up anyway, eat some good food and relax from the hectic life I have had for the last 18 months with COVID. 

I can't wait for 2022! It will be the 10 year anniversary!! WOOO HOOO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment