Saturday, January 14, 2023

Model Horse and Action Figure Monthly Art Challenge - January 2023

 

The theme is cats and kittens! I chose to do a 3-D printed cat that I had lying around. I decided to use only the colors in the Earth Pigments pallette that I had (see blog entry here.) 

The cat was done with a primer base of two coats of Gesso and then an acrylic base of tawny medium. 

I added the first layer of Burnt Sienna and sealed it with Rust-o-leum Satin Clear.


Then a second layer of burnt sienna earth pigments.



Then I added Red Ocher mixed with Yellow Ocher.




I put white acrylic markings on and then I did a new trick for me that I saw on Instagram. I mixed my earth pigments with water and I made the tabby markings, highlights, toe beans and nose. I used acrylics for the eyes and I finished this lovely fellow in Rust-o-leum Satin Clear.  







No comments:

Post a Comment