Saturday, August 5, 2023

“How To Be Brave (In Life & Watercolor)” July 15, 2023

 


“How To Be Brave  (In Life & Watercolor)” July 15, 2023“How To Be Brave  (In Life & Watercolor)” July 15, 2023 - Hosted by Bryce Dallas Howard and taught by Bindi Desai, this workshop is designed transform your anxieties through the world of watercolor.

I attended this online event for a couple of reasons - one of my favorite actresses/directors is Bryce Dallas Howard (the daughter of actor/director Ron Howard). And because watercolors are my downfall. I am so NOT good at them. 

This was a well organized, online event. And the instructions were easy for my ADHD riddled brain. The only part that wasn't easy was the being brave part. I have had a hard time in my life with perfectionism. I was told by a family member whose approval I wanted until I was well into my late 30's that I was a shit artist, writer, etc. I have had other people tell me my art was shit as well, and it's taken a lot for me to overcome what I have.

I have tried watercolor before, but they never look great. And to be honest, this one did not either, but the instruction of using other things besides just the paint and brush, like toothbrushes, sculpting tools, pens, forks, etc. Was a fun experience. 

It was two hours of great stuff. And I enjoyed the Q&A at the end. It was great working alongside everyone and Bryce and Bindi as well. 



I hope to do another one of these and to someday meet Bryce in person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment