Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Longmire Days 2024




I am always excited for Longmire Days every year. This year was no different. It didn't seem like I would be able to attend this year's event for a while. 

First it started with the hotel! The hotel my travel partner Rudi and I always stay at went from $605 to $1235 for 5 nights. The AirBnB tried to cancel the pricing on us to go from $590 to $890 and even the third hotel we tried, a chain hotel, tried to cancel and up the nightly rate. It was a little frustrating, but we got something booked finally. 


Sadly, this year seemed to be a bit of a mess. Rudi ended up not being able to go due to an auto accident and some subsequent things. 

I wasn't my normal posting and cheering self on the days leading up to LD, because of my mom's passing, but I made the decision to go to LD and not miss out. I wanted to be around people that make me smile. And I was encouraged by friends and my cousins to go, as mom wouldn't want me missing out on this. 

Luckily I was able to stay at a friend's house in Story, Wyoming as I didn't have lodging having canceled the hotel we found. 

I drove up after work on Wednesday night and drove into town on Thursday morning.  

The day started with our Volunteer meeting and going forward from there. It was a fun and busy weekend as always. I love volunteering there and getting to see the friends I have made and just enjoy the Big Horns and Buffalo. 

I didn't get a lot of pictures this year, but it was fun and I am so happy I went. Now to get there when Longmire Days isn't going on - I have tried every year and nothing's worked, but hopefully I can just go up and enjoy Buffalo itself. 

The weather when I left Estes Park.


Douglas Jack, picked up in Douglas WY

Ornament for LD! 

This restaurant has GLUTEN FREE Mac N Cheese! 

The Mac N Cheese!!! 

At one event someone backed into my truck ๐Ÿ˜’

At one event my ankle decided to pop out. Had to get it wrapped by the medic. 

John, Fiona, and Ivy Bishop - wonderful concert




The Busy Bee cafรฉ

Paradise Guest Ranch ride

Paradise Guest Ranch ride

Paradise Guest Ranch ride

Paradise Guest Ranch ride

Paradise Guest Ranch ride

My horse Bart the butthead - he wanted to graze the whole time and was unhappy I didn't let him ๐Ÿ˜†

Derek Phillips

Beautiful Appaloosa

John Bishop

Actors and Wranglers

Robert Taylor

A. Martinez

Running of the horses

Running of the horses


Running of the horses


Running of the horses


Running River

Mountain

Craig Johnson

Jennifer McCormick

Dannielle Burns

LouAnn Stephens

Paul Birkholz

trout in the pond

beautiful Monday morning view

































No comments:

Post a Comment