![]() |
| First People's Festival Card |
This was the second annual First People's Festival. I missed last year's event and this year's event started with 6 inches of snow on the ground. Thankfully, the event was indoors and at the Estes Park Events center.
The snow slowed everyone down a little, so when I arrived around 10 am, a lot of the artisans were still setting up. I did a couple of walk throughs, then really hit the shops hard. The artisan work was SO amazing.
As I shopped, there was flutists playing and drums, as well as people talking about different tribal things. Then the Grand Entry and dancing started. I have been to many pow-wow's in my life and I always love to see the regalia that is produced by native artisans.
I took some pictures, but couldn't get a lot of decent ones because of people crowding. I have to work tomorrow so can't return, but hope to make it to both days next year and spend some more time.
Here are a few pictures of things that I purchased and just liked overall.
![]() |
| Beautiful enameled glass mosaic |
![]() |
| the Teepee that was set up |
![]() |
| One of the speakers |
![]() |
| Another image of Teepee |
![]() |
| Flutist |
![]() |
| NPS Sign |
![]() |
| NPS Sign |
![]() |
| Crowd and Grand Entry |
![]() | |
|
![]() | |
|
![]() |
| Flag Bearers |
![]() |
| Dancer |
![]() |
| Dancer |
![]() |
| Dancers |
![]() |
| Dancers |
![]() |
| Drummers |
![]() |
| Beautiful Dream Catcher with Horse head and beaded star |
![]() |
| Award winning Dream Catcher with Horse and Beaded Universe |
![]() |
| Wall hanging in the Event Center |
![]() |
| Sage Book and bundle |
![]() |
| Two Spirit Art Mosaic print |
![]() |
| Small art print cards of larger Canvas work |
![]() |
| Color in postcards from the NPS |
![]() |
| NPS booklet on Colorado River |
![]() |
| Water Color Prints of larger pieces |
![]() |
| Save the Buffalo - stickers for the Tribal Buffalo Initiative |
![]() |
| Beautiful Silver Ring I bought for myself |






























No comments:
Post a Comment