Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Bridle Tree Barn Raising Challenge

 


I wasn't going to participate in this challenge, because I was working a lot of hours in December and because I was trying to finish my Circle C Challenge horse. 

My friend Kay Lonning sent me a stable and I thought well, I will have it for 2021. I managed to complete my Circle C Challenge horse on December 28th. I had the day off on December 29th and I spent five hours working on this barn! 


My Barn started out like this picture above. I took it apart, put some blue painters tape over the pictures already in the original barn and primered it. 


I used red primer so that I didn't have to do as many layers of painting on the barn. Then I used stir sticks heisted from a local coffee shop to make two stalls. 




I then installed the stall walls along with a "rubber" floor mat for the stalls (it's black so not easy to see). 





I spent a whole afternoon just trying to complete this barn so that I could participate in this challenge and I was so surprised it came together SO quickly and just worked!! 









This was a fun and amazing afternoon of barn raising. I have a Stablemate scale barn coming that I hope to update and then do the decorating competition next year! I also want to create an indoor arena wall! This was a fun challenge. And I am so happy I was able to compete! 

No comments:

Post a Comment