Saturday, December 26, 2020

Favorite Artist Series - Model Horse Artist Sara Gifford

Sara and her dog Garrus 

Sara Gifford is one of my favorite fantasy model horse artists. I have known her since roughly 2005-2007 but we have NEVER met in person! We chat online almost daily, but we've never managed to make it to the same model horse event!  

I started following her because of my love of fantasy horses. I had done several before I saw Sara's work online, but I have to say I felt like my work was inferior to hers. 

Finishwork by Sara


Finishwork by Sara

Finishwork by Sara

Finishwork by Sara

Finishwork by Sara

Finishwork by Sara

Finishwork by Sara

Finishwork by Sara

Finishwork by Sara

Finishwork by Sara

The wonderful thing about Sara, is she is a positive force and she doesn't let you talk negatively about yourself for long. She is a cheerleader to her friends and hobbyists and she is always pushing the envelope of her abilities. 

Her commission books pop open every now and then or a sales piece comes to light. Her work is always so detailed and life like. 

I have a few of her wonderful pieces and am always trying to get more. 

Pip - Pipsqueak resin finishwork by Sara

Blackledge Bluehawk - blue roan Morgan - Magnificence Resin - finishwork by Sara

Hearts Filthy Lesson - TWH mare - custom work by N. Byler, Paintwork by Sara

Check out her studio page - Friesian Fury Studios and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment