Saturday, December 23, 2023

December 2023 Crafting Month

 



The YMCA has a lot of crafting events that I hope to make it too this month, plus there are a few online challenges I am going to try for too! 

I have finished several things for my Stablemate scale barn - check out my Bridle Tree Barn Raising Challenge - HERE!

And the first night was WINTER CANDLES. 

Supplies

Wax

Dandelion and Cinnamon

Lemongrass, Lavendar and peppermint

The group of us

My two Tins

Completed Candles

I came home from the candle making and had some ornaments that I bought to paint and was inspired to paint ornaments so they got finished! 




Then on to CERAMICS night!

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in this ceramics night. In past events we could pick an item we wanted to paint from a certain price point. This one, it was MUGS only. Honestly, had I known that I would have cancelled my spot. I am jsut not a mug person. 







They took a couple days to get it glazed/fired but here is the result:



The next class is Necklaces - I do two of these classes this month. The first one I ended up canceling going to because it was snowing so badly couldn't see the road. 

I did make it to the soap making on Saturday, December 9, 2023. 

Supplies and molds

Supplies and molds

In the molds



I had to wait a couple days for them to be solid and pick them up - here are the results: 

Completed Soaps

The next class was necklace making. I had missed the first one and was so excited for this one. I have to say, this was the worst class I have ever been too at the YMCA. The instructor didn't really want to be there and the string that we given to use for the necklaces was too thick for the beads we were given. I did get to bring the beads home and will redo it on beading wire the way I want too. 




The final class was Christmas candles. The instructor from the Bead class was over this class - so it was pretty much - here's a tin, and here's the wax and color, pick them up tomorrow.  


Other than the not great instructor, I did have fun this month. 




No comments:

Post a Comment