Monday, September 30, 2024

September 2024 - Seasons Change


Hello Fall!! ๐ŸThe month of changing seasons. At lot of changes have happened this year.

I forgot a fun thing I did on the 30th of August and wanted to share it - I met a friend and we went to Village Bagel in Estes - it was AMAZING - had a Gluten Free Bagel sandwich - YUM!!!!



September started off with a Painting a birdhouse class at the Y on September 4th as well as embroidery.

Here is my Bird House: 



This was with the paints they gave me - I came home and added my own flare with my own paints!! 



Here is my Embroidery - I didn't get very far but it will be pretty. 



I am so glad I went to both classes - I was going to just cancel, but I am glad I made myself go and enjoy the time around others. 

Then September 7th was Indian Paintbrush Live Show (SEE FULL REPORT HERE!) these are my happiest placings.









And the things that I won in the raffle and door prize!! 




September 8th I did Craft Mania at the Y. We had a choice of a lot of different things - painting ball caps, tote bags, or make up bags, doing ceramic, or wood burning. I did ceramics. 

This is before glazing



After glazing

I was going to try the 9-11 stair climb this year, but I was in no shape to do it, so planning for the goal of doing all 2200 steps for next year. 

September 12th I did Yoga at the Y. This was more of an advanced class than I was expecting - I didn't really get to learn poses so was always trying to figure out what everyone was doing, don't think I will go back if it's the same instructor.

September 13th - I have to say having the whole day off now on Friday is something I didn't realize that I NEEDED - I totally cleaned my house from top to bottom and took Buttercup into get blinker lights changed. The house deep clean was so amazing and so needed. It spilled into Saturday too, which was doing 3 large loads of laundry, hanging it on the line to dry in the BEAUTIFUL day in the mountains, and finishing cleaning. I think I need a third day off!! hahahah!!! 

September 16th I did Ceramics at the Y. It was so fun, we did mugs, but they had designs on them already. 



September 21st I did candles at the Y. I really wasn't going to go because I wasn't feeling that well, but I did and it was fun!!





September 23- 26 was Y101 at our Snow Mountain Ranch Property. Y101 is something that I didn't get to do when I started, but Part 1 (this session) was held at Snow Mountain Ranch about their inner workings and things. Drove over with my co-workers Micala and Blake. 


Some shots from when we were driving over, at the property, and coming back. 






This pizza was at Beau Joe's in Idaho Springs, Colorado. It's GLUTEN FREE FLUFFY CRUST and SO DAMN AMAZING!!! Not gonna lie! 













This was not only a great view of a different side of the continental divide than what I usually see, but great information on the differences between the Snow Mountain Ranch and Estes Park Center YMCA properties. 

I hadn't planned on much when I came back from Y101, but there were some other things that I ended up doing as staff activities at the YMCA.

Since I am off Fridays - I did a 9 AM Firefly Mason jar activity on Friday the 27th. We decorated mason jars with glow in the dark paints and added battery operated candles. 

Here is mine wet - 




Here it is dry - 




Saturday September 28th I was surprised to receive my MHCRAK (Model Horse Community Random Acts of Kindness) Exchange box of Fun stuff. 





Monday, September 30th, I planned on taking my lunch later and doing a Journaling and charcuterie board event. It ended up being canceled and I was sad. I was really hoping for this as I had a crappy day at work. 

Hope you had a good September everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment