Some Great stuff came out this year!
Dark Winds - Premiered March 9, 2025 - And I loved the first two seasons and the first episode of season 3 was great! Can't wait for more!! Dark Winds is bittersweet for me this season because my mother passed in 2024 and this was one of her favorite shows that we could talk about together. I loved this season and that "my" song was in an episode - Melissa by the Alman Brothers. I managed to screencap the closed caption of it listing it.
The theatres that were playing this in Colorado only had it for a week and I couldn't make it down to see, so was so excited when this released on streaming. LOVED it. What a great way to tell a story and see each character's kind of side.
Started watching first episode and yeah rough. I watched the whole season and I was rough, but good. Pedro and Bella's performances are Oscar worthy and what an amazing storyline.
There needs to be Oscars all over for this show - AMAZING!
Never found this one in Colorado in a theater near me - so I had to wait for it to come out on streaming. It was worth the wait. An excellent flick with a lot of parts that hit home. Definitely a rewatch film.
A film from 2018 that I haven't watched until now thanks to Prime. I love Felicity Jones and this was a great film. I can't believe I waited so long to watch it. Now I am feeling the need read all of my RBG books.
MetroLux Theatre Loveland June 13, 2025. I was excited to see this, but I have to say, I was not impressed with it. I have watched a lot of RomComs and I just didn't feel the happy ending I was expecting. I actually felt really sad at the end like I was missing something- it wasn't a good movie in my opinion. Pedro was good in it, but didn't like the other actors performances. 🙁
I started watching this one night on Amazon Prime because it stars Jane Seymour and I binged watched the first season in 2 days only to find out the other 3 seasons weren't free - GRRR - so I am going to have to buy it for myself, but I loved it. A lot of fun. Can't wait to see the other seasons.
Another that I started watching this one night on Amazon Prime because it stars David Thewlis and I liked him as Professor Lupin in Harry Potter. This is a interesting take on the Sherlock Holmes tale. I am about halfway through season one.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. While like many movies and TV shows, a lot is for dramatic effect, the general premise of this show it awesome and so true from hospital lockdowns, etc. A++++++++++++++++++++
About have way through the first season and I am liking it. I love Robert Taylor as Gibbs' father and overall I am liking this show.
While a modern take on Holmes and Watson, I am actually liking it very much for not being a huge fan of either actor. Love the cases and general deduction of Holmes.
An interesting take on Dr. Watson and I am liking it very much.
Started this - not a fan of Costner and haven't watched Yellowstone, but started watching this because of Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. About halfway through the first season, and I like it.
OMG - such a good show - love the intrigue and use of the Matlock persona! Such a great show.
I loved Nancy Drew books as a kid and saw the old TV shows so started watching this - while I do like it, it's not my favorite.
I saw this in Loveland. It was not what I was expecting and I have to say that I didn't really like it. Or should I say I liked the first half, then not the rest. Totally not what I thought it would be from the way it was advertised. Very bummed because I was so excited for this movie.

Going to see Freakier Friday was kind of a spur of the moment thing. It was playing at the Historic Park Theatre in Estes Park. I sadly admit, I don't go to our local theatre that often because it's only 1 screen and they don't always show movies that I am interested in. HPT is the oldest single house motion picture theatre in the United States that was originally built as a movie theatre and is still operating today. And I should support it more often. I liked the 2003 Freaky Friday and thought I would go see this one too - I have to admit MOSTLY because Manny Jacinto was in it, but I do like Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. Just like the 2003 one this one didn't disappoint. It was great and it made me miss my mom so much more because I wanted to call her and be like "HEY Mark Harmon was in this mom!"

Saw this one at the Historic Park Theatre in Estes Park as well. Another film I was disappointed in this year. Mostly because it felt to rushed and bouncing all over. I am not a huge Marvel fan so had no expectations or history of the Fantastic Four. I went to see it because of Pedro and I loved his character but it just felt like they were trying to cram too much in a shorter movie before DOOMSDAY comes out.
I saw the hype and ignored it until around August. WOW - all I can say is this is amazing animation and the music - I play it all the time and it runs through my head. Great storyline, great music - A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I love this movie and it's soundtrack and the messages in it about our "patterns" and our "demons."
So those were my fund watches for 2025.
No comments:
Post a Comment