Wednesday, December 10, 2025

Protein Challenge - Finding the right protein drink

I have high gluten intolerance/celiac and don't get enough protein. I have been trying some various protein drinks/shakes/etc.

Here's my findings for me personally:

1) Ensure - SUCKS all the way around. AWFUL no matter the flavor this gave me stomach pains and diarrhea. YUCK. Mild chalky taste and didn't stop hunger cravings. 


2) FIT powder - this was rated the best for people with celiac - it's AWFUL - it's like drinking CHALK whether its mixed with water or unsweetened almond milk. Thick, pasty and not tasty at all. NO. I literally threw this away after using 3 scoops out of it because it was SO disgusting. Stopped hunger cravings because I felt like I was going to puke for hours afterwards. 




3) Premier Protein drink - this was very good - great taste and easy to grab and go. I will use it most likely when traveling, but it doesn't help with craving sugar and only really stops my hunger cravings for a short time. And all three flavors I have tried - chocolate, caramel, and vanilla, cookie dough and cookies & cream. This is drink is by far my favorite.  


4) Ritual protein powder is not bad. It is a bit chalky tasting when mixed in a shaker. I mixed it in a blender and it was much nicer and smoother with just the tiniest bit of chalky taste.  It makes a nice shake and tastes better with added fruit/etc. 



5) Orgain Organic Protein - just another chalky and disgusting tasting protein shake mix that was disgusting. 


6)  Aloha - just another chalky and disgusting tasting protein shake mix that was disgusting. I am amazed at how disgusting these EXPENSIVE powders. 


7) RISE - I LOVED THIS SO MUCH - the taste was awesome, not chalky, but they couldn't guarantee Gluten Free as some of their mix might contain it. While I never had a problem I did stop it just to be on the safe side of not having a BAD reaction. 



SO there are some of my thoughts on different protein powders and drinks. I hope it helps others on their journey. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment