Saturday, December 24, 2022

Estes Valley Library - Laser Cutting Training Class

 


December 23, 2022, I did the Estes Valley Library - Laser Cutting Training Class.

For me, this was a refresher really. I had taken the Making Laser Engraved Wax Seals class, and this used the laser cutter. 

It was great to get the refresher and then we were making christmas Ornaments out of colored acrylic. 


The class followed the same rules as the Wax Seal class, requiring us to use Adobe Illustrator (the bane of my existence really) - I love all Adobe products EXCEPT Illustrator. 

Making our layout and sending it to the laser printer. The laser printer at the library can laser a lot of different media items and I plan on using it in 2023 A LOT! 


We were each given a packet of samples of the types of items the laser cutter can use. 

My ornament ended up being the "Bloody Ponoe" that Debra Omel created for my American Heartland Live Show Series from 2007-2011. It is a copy righted design that 4 people are allowed to use (Debra, of course, Carra McClelland, Morgan Haberman and myself).


It came out quite lovely. I was going to try my logo, but I didn't bring a large enough image with me. 

I can't wait to try more with the laser cutter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment